The Gut Health/ Mental Health link - Masterclass
How the gut and brain are linked, do probiotics work? What are prebiotics? How can we improve our gut health
"The connection between gut health and mental health is bi-directional, meaning a compromised gut can influence mental health and problems in mental wellness can also lead to changes in the gut microbiome so considering both together as a holistic approach is important"
This lecture is an depth discussion about the mental health/gut health link which covers:
- What is the gut? Why does this matter for mental health?
- The vagus nerve and the fight/flight/rest and digest response
- What the research says
- Functional gut issues (IBS) and how they influence mental health
- Factors that impair both gut health and mental health
- Prebiotics and probiotics, diet culture product or game changer?
- How to promote gut health
- Busting and/or affirming gut health/mental health myths
Who is this lecture for?
This lecture is for anyone who wants to learn more about gut health and mental health but doesn't want to be bombarded with diet hacks and diet culture BS. This lecture explains (in plain language) how our mental health can be influenced by our gut health, is backed by scientific evidence but it's not a diagnostic tool and is more of a educational tool to inform someone on this topic through a HAES and non-diet lens.
What to except:
- No medicalization of bodies (no fatphobia, weight stigma etc)
- Written and presented using plain language, no academic of scientific language that isn't explained
- Written and presented through a Health at Every Size lens
- All prices are in Australian dollars.
- Lifetime access to this lecture and any updates